Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 3 Tuesday

Day three of our adventure is not very adventurous at all!  I have not been feeling my best, hence we have not done much of anything. I'm having an issue with my hip, could be a touch of sciatica.  Needless to say, no hiking for me.

Yesterday, we took a drive in the late afternoon, toward the Colorado side of Navaho Lake.  Beautiful views but wrong time of day for photos, so none are included. Boo! We made a big loop and came back to Pagosa Springs through Bayfield, along Highway 160.  On the way back, the skies opened up and we had a marvelous thunderstorm most of the way home.  Lots of lightning, big raindrops, that wet-pavement smell....nice after all the heat we've been experiencing so far this summer.  The rains definitely helped all the fires going on up here in Colorado as well.

Big doin's tomorrow in Pagosa Springs.  Craft shows, rodeo, carnival, fireworks......I think I may have talked Jim into going and experiencing small town 4th of July festivities. (Crossed fingers!) We haven't done that since early in our marriage when we spent the 4th of July in Ennis, Montana, and Jim drove the tractor that pulled our "float" in the parade, in the pouring rain! Our niece, Celine, rode in the boat that was the "float". That was fun, if you weren't Jim or Celine! (It also depends on how my hip is feeling and how far I can walk.)

We took a walk late this morning around the RV park, along the river.  I stretched out my legs.  It felt good to walk around without too much pain.  We saw tons of butterflies, again, wrong time of day for picture taking, but we plan to go over to the river early tomorrow morning and give it a try. I'll post some pics if we are successful.

Hope to have more exciting things to share as time goes on.  Until then, daily life is just that.

1 comment: